Saturday, September 12, 2015

Pulse (Love, Poetry & Paulo Nutini)



            for Marci


Listening to you listen

to music is a slow

unwinding, a deep

letting go, a blue

knowing, deep

and growing

underground.


There is soil here.

Years of experience

broken down by time

memories layered up, thick

black and real,

two trees

sending signals

underground.


Vibes.   Sounds cliché.

Sleek silver bullet train.

The way you move

through me.


If there was an empty

parking lot in a horribly large and unkind

city, and I found myself

staring down at moonlight

reflected in dreams

busted on the pavement

like so many vodka bottles,

the razor wire

coiled along the chain

link fence calling

my name

like long ago

before you came

into my life

wonderful


I hope

by some

unlikely

coincidence

a car would pass

playing

Paulo Nutini

letting go,

that primal yearning

unwinding so real

and rooted

that I’d

find my way

home to you

the only place

I’ve ever fully

belonged.


No comments:

Post a Comment